Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Will You Be a Ghost

They pry at me
I beg to bury
A picture to cry,
Now I must lie.

Give me an opportunity
Collectively I'll slaughter,
Destroy these heathen emotions
Rewind destiny

To a place where
It was being sewn
To the fabric of time
And I'll take back what's mine.

But what if I fail
Where can we go
Can we hide in the streets
Will you be a ghost

I want to give you something more
That's what hurts the most,
Now it's getting hard to breathe
But this water's only knee deep.

Just stand up,
Stand up and you can be free
Did they teach you to walk
Or did they only breech your lungs

Darling please, just take my hand
I promise it won't be too bad
This foreign land.

How do I gain perspective
When it's just us and them,
F**k their green incentive
We need a grey range to mend.

There's so much broken here,
But that's plain for all to see
Too bad ignorance is bliss
And we drink it with our tea.

They broke our eyes
So our minds can't see
What honest joy is,
What it's like not to bleed.

So take another line
Its just a simple rope,
Used to bide their time
So they may be your hope.

So darling lets have that covering fire,
Let's abdicate to the sea
Let's commit a little suicide
And here, we'll cease to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment